Wednesday, September 21, 2011

~Reclaiming Me~

It's been almost three years since the birth of my daughter Alivia and I am still in the process of reclaiming me.  Before I had my daughter I was pretty fashion forward; never afraid to experiment with my clothing, hair or make up.  I had found my own since of style and it fit me!  I am in the military so being in good physical condition and maintaining  my weight was never an issue.  I admired my curves and the exaggerated flare of my nose. It was me. 
When I turned thirty i still was maintaining my body weight that I had since my mid 20s.  Not bad.  Several months after my 32nd birthday I found out I was pregnant with my daughter Alivia.  I told myself and my friends that I was going to bounce back in no time.  I only gained 30lbs during my pregnancy and the weight went immediately.  I was right back at my normal 150lbs.  That was two years ago and today I am weighing in with an extra 20lbs of weight that just can't seem to get rid of..

This past Saturday I finally broke down an bought me two "fat girl" dresses for church because everything in my closet is too small unless there is an ounce of spandex in the fabric!  I swore up and down i would never buy clothes to fit my weight gain.  So far I have bought 3 pairs of jeans and 2 dresses and the rest of the time I'm in t-shirts and warm up pants. 

It seems as though all my style went out of the door after the baby.  I get insecure about my clothes because I have a belly now.  Never had that!  No fitted t-shirts, shirts, tank tops or anything! Nothing that might show off that bulge. I started to lose something in me.  Didn't really wear make up anymore or do my hair  (unless i had an event, then i would get it done) or even try to find clothes that fit the extra weight that i had put on.  I wore what was comfortable and convenient.

Where did that fun, trendy, full of life woman run off to?  I have to find her and I am on my search of reclaiming me...Follow me in my up close and personal journal of reclaiming me; ALL of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment